The thing is, if the Fed disappoints, markets could go straight back to kicking and screaming -- perhaps worse.Read More...
Whether the Fed decides to buy another $15 billion in bonds through November is immaterial in dollar terms but it sends an extraordinarily powerful signal. Bullard hinted the Fed could delay ending the taper at the FOMC meeting at month-end. The comment reversed the rout on risk assets . In today's Premium trades, we've issued 2 new trades in GBPUSD with 2 charts after Monday's GBPUSD trades hit their final targets . Full trades & charts are in the Premium Insights.Read More...
You know there's something inherently wrong with markets when each of the few recent rallies week was strictly caused by the Fed. Today's remarks fron St Louis Fed's Jim Bullard suggesting the Fed ought to consider delaying the end of QE is not a joke. Greek spreads are back and the yields dwontrend remains intact. Full charts & analysis.Read More...
- Far too soon for the all clear http://t.co/iqzJhH34dx by @FX_Button #forex (10 hr ago)
- Is Japan already spooked by the rapid yen rise? - PM Abe rethinks tax hike http://t.co/eVvtynTFBI #forex (12 hr ago)
- May see more gains in yen crosses in Monday as PBOC goes ahead w/ more stimulus #forex (19 hr ago)
- Thousands join UK pay protest marches - http://t.co/atrdKcu1JJ (19 hr ago)
- Deflation calling in chart #3 http://t.co/NGfU8GKiNo Larger image http://t.co/gHBG4ePcit #forex $BND $UJB #Deflation (yesterday)
- And as yields plunge, bond strategists are competing who's the loudest in making calls for lower yields. Safety in numbers. (yesterday)
- The currency exchange inside #HouseOfFraser continues to deliver the best rates in London...with very rare exceptions in edgeware rd (yesterday)
- Oil sands require prices of at least $80 to break even http://t.co/lW6dHUfTLz #oil #energy #forex (yesterday)
- #Fitch is next on #Russia. Their Russia unchanged since 2009. #Moodys just dwngraded 2day. #S&P dwngraded them in April #forex (yesterday)
- #Fitch is next on #Russia. They havent graded Russia since 2009. #Moodys just dwngraded 2day. #S&P dwngraded them in April #forex (2 days ago)
- Less than 50-1