|Fed's Yellen Speech||Sep 18 12:45|
A rallying trifecta in the US dollar, equity indices and bond yields emerged after the FOMC issued slightly more hawkish projections on the Fed Funds rate. 14 of the 16 Fed members expect a rate hike in 2015, but more importantly, the median estimate for the Fed Funds rate by end of 2015 is now 1.375% from 1.0% in the June projections. Red-line comaprison of FOMC statement and dots forecasts are here.Read More...
GBP traders preparing for Thursday's Scottish independence referendum will first have to deal with Wednesday's triple releases of the BoE minutes, Jul ILO unemployment rate and the all-important Jul average earnings figures. These will be followed by Thursday's release of Aug retail sales. Tomorrow's jobs figures will likely be dominated by the earnings figure, whose negative figure in June was largely behind the sharp selloff in GBP on Aug 13. If we mentioned each single “If and but” of this week's UK data as well as the run-up to Thursday's referendum announcement and the plethora of polls and projections, then confusion will have the final word. Ahead of these events, we issued a new GBP trade for our Premium Insights subscribers, which can be seen in the latest trades & charts.Read More...
- FOMC triggers USA trifecta in USD, stocks & yields http://t.co/sQkiSDlwM1 #forex $SPX (1 hr ago)
- Algeria's #Brahimi scores Hatrick for #FCPorto in #ChampionsLeague ... helllooo MADJER #Algeria (1 hr ago)
- RT @DZFootcom: Yacine Brahimi est le premier joueur #Algérien et du @FCPorto a mettre un triplé en @ChampionsLeague (1 hr ago)
- Yen bounce up as stocks retreat in last 10 mins.Swiss franc beaten badly #forex (1 hr ago)
- RT @Gaurav_Sxn: @alaidiPremiumFX Cheers Ashraf.. USDCHF, CADJPY, GBPNZD... blockbuster set of trades..! Gold joining the party too...! (1 hr ago)
- Monstrous dollar rally. (1 hr ago)
- Are the Scottish switching to dollars or what? #forex (1 hr ago)
- $USDX testing top of a NINE year channel. Si senor; resistance began in November 2005 #forex $GLD $UUP $FXE (1 hr ago)
- No need to remove "considerable" when dots are stepped up. They are hawkish, good for USD & yields. but lingo good enuff for stocks. #forex (2 hr ago)
- 3rd $USDCHF Premium long closed at 0.9400 from 0.9180 entry. 220 pips. adios #forex (2 hr ago)
- Less than 50-1