Posted May 23, 17:21
Here are charts capturing the weakness in asset portfolios, business surveys and consumer sentiment alike. The simultaneous decline in various Fed and non-Fed business surveys (top panel), falling stocks and bond prices sustaining a loss of over $23 trillion (middle panel) and flattening yield curve (bottom panel). The latter illustrates that even bond vigilantes are growing skeptical of Fed's latest policy shift. Don't be taken by the fancy charts and ask instead, “how do I trade these ideas?” and “what is the realistic timeframe?” Let's see.
Click To Enlarge
21 and the Temporary Pause May 18, 2022 16:18:
Just as market sentiment began improving and the US dollar index showed its first 3-day losing run since March, selling resumes across the board. Yesterday's solid US retail sales gave Powell the confidence to stick to his “inflation-remains priority” rhetoric. Interestingly, DXY, EURUSD and US-10 year all stabilized at their 21-day moving averages. No, this is neither a piece about “bear market rallies”, nor about “Intermarket technical confluences” covered successfully at last Thursday's market low. This in fact is about how the market could resume rallying into next week—despite Wednesday's wobble. Read More...
The Strongest & Weakest
Start of day is 17:00, Eastern Time/New York Time,
Subscribe to Ashraf's Newsletter
- Remember when ECB and BoE hiked rates 2-3 months before the 2008/9 recession? #NotRandomThoughts (9 hr ago)
- when #USD drops for 3 days alongside stocks, questions get asked. answer....again in that 5th parag.… https://t.co/F194jYF3aX (13 hr ago)
- BBC apologizes for fat finger ManUtd error. "what we really meant to say was ManUtd ....." (14 hr ago)
- FX traders saw it coming (5th paragraph) https://t.co/ihVty1Ruiv #forex (14 hr ago)
- New Home Sales -16% (not -1.6%) (14 hr ago)
- دولار ين و العوائد في الاحضان yields and yen making up one more time (14 hr ago)
- $/¥ (14 hr ago)
- remember "buy when guns are fired" ? (16 hr ago)
- Lagarde wants 25 bps Holzmann wants 50 bps Call Draghi (16 hr ago)
- Damaged Trifecta & time-lag challenges https://t.co/ihVty1Ruiv #forex $FXE $UUP $GLD #XAUUSD $TNX https://t.co/SJE4OApqdM (17 hr ago)
€ £ $ Cross Rate Calculator
Enter values for EURUSD and EURGBP to find the corresponding GBPUSD rate
Latest Poll - Aug 12
21-yr Intermarket Charts - 7 indices 11 currencies 14 commodities Interactive charting by instrument, chronological and alphabetical order. This enables organizing each individual commodity, currency or equity index' performance by magnitude or chronological order. View..