Intraday Market Thoughts

Germany Narrowly Escapes Recession

by Ashraf Laidi
May 15, 2013 19:29

Germany narrowly escaped a technical recession in Germany Escapes Recessionq. Germany's export machine was especially highlighted via its continued activity with China despite the renewed Eurozone contraction starting last summer. China's demand for German high-quality exports is on the rise to the extent of lifting its share of German exports to 7% of the total. Exports to the Eurozone account for about 40%, while the rest of the world makes up Germany's remaining 60%.  Looking closely into that 40%, activity may well begin to shrink. More Charts & Analysis

Germany Narrowly Escapes Recession - German And Ezone Gdp (Chart 1)

Act Exp Prev GMT
GDP (q/q)
-0.2% -0.1% -0.6% May 15 9:00
GDP s.a. (1Q) (q/q) [P]
0.1% 0.3% -0.7% May 15 6:00
GDP n.s.a. (1Q) (y/y) [P]
-1.4% 0.2% 0.0% May 15 6:00
GDP w.d.a. (1Q) (y/y) [P]
-0.2% 0.2% 0.3% May 15 6:00

Latest IMTs