Posted Mar 24, 16:38
3 Faces of $2000 Gold
As gold regains $2000/oz for the third time over the past three years, it's important to distinguish the fundamental and intermarket dynamics for each of these three occasions ($2000/oz) before assessing the road ahead. There are endless combinations of metrics to be used in comparing August 2020, March 2022 and today. I will use the DXY, gold/silver ratio, Fed Funds rate and the Fed's Balance Sheet.
Click To Enlarge
Guiding Through Confusion إرشاد خلال الصاعقة Mar 20, 2023 16:51:
It is Sunday 5:20 pm Eastern (9:20 pm GMT) and you're doing what you usually do on a Sunday evening, then hear rumblings (in your phone alerts/messaging) that major central banks are engaging in coordinated USD-liquidity operations. You go to Twitter and find sarcastic/mocking comments how it's the return to QE, or a new GFC is upon us. Even financial reporters pieces do not shed any valuable light. You have positions in FX, gold and indices. You're confused -- what to understand, whom to believe, what to do with your positions when the market opens in 30 mins. The charts/snapshots, illustrate what/how our WhatsApp Broadcast Group was guided through the unexpected Sunday announcement and found clarity/calm through the chaos. Read More...
Finally Gold ETFs Flows Do this Mar 17, 2023 17:00:
It's probably no coincidence that gold is staging its biggest weekly gain since Nov, and bitcoin posting its fastest jump since February 2021 on the same week that the 2nd largest bank failure in the US found no buyers – and was left to rot in the courts of bankruptcy. Regardless of whether the FDIC will make all depositors whole, all US banks will continue to lose depositors as investors/savers start to discover the higher yields on Money Market funds. Even the biggest/most profitable US banks will struggle, forcing a faster than expected credit contraction—probably not exactly what Jay Powell had in mind when he wished for that soft landing. So what do you have to learn from the chart below? Read More...
LATEST ARTICLE Nov 02
Subscribe to Ashraf's Newsletter
- #Macron trying to create a distraction, capitalising on French public's loathing for bankers == BREAKING: France’s… https://t.co/IPEtI27CVP (1 hr ago)
- More banking "stories"--when it rains, it... https://t.co/o1goxIaGEK (2 hr ago)
- @mzidan112 #لحظة_مينسكي #مينسكي #أزمة #بنوك #اقتصاد #مال #أصول https://t.co/PXwL6eQGiq (15 hr ago)
- @mzidan112 Indeed. Every 3-4 weeks, the bond market is moments away from seizing up if not for repos exercises mano… https://t.co/d4AApeni11 (16 hr ago)
- @sks01119 So you think USD will rise in 2023? I disagree. (16 hr ago)
- USD no longer responding to higher yields (19 hr ago)
- موعدنا الآن في غرفة شركة إكس أم لجلسة الأسواق https://t.co/Y7tD0RxCS2 @XM_COM (23 hr ago)
- #FirstRepublicBank +25% in premarket $FRC (23 hr ago)
- The Fed's challenges in managing #BankingSystem vs #MonetaryPolicy are so great, that members are not in a hurry to… https://t.co/BdRWS49ofW (yesterday)
- 3 Faces of $2000 Gold August 2020, March 2022, March 2023. Then, now, & whereto next? https://t.co/HBZY1vPuqK… https://t.co/2TBx7F1NJK (yesterday)
€ £ $ Cross Rate Calculator
Enter values for EURUSD and EURGBP to find the corresponding GBPUSD rate
Latest Poll - Jul 05
Which of the below do you think is the most appropriate?View Poll..
- 0.50 in Jul & Sep
- 0.75 in Jul & Sep
- 0.75 in Jul & 0.50 in Sep
- 0.75 in Jul no Sep hike
- 0.50 in Jul no Sep hike
- No Jul or Sep hike
21-yr Intermarket Charts - 7 indices 11 currencies 14 commodities Interactive charting by instrument, chronological and alphabetical order. This enables organizing each individual commodity, currency or equity index' performance by magnitude or chronological order. View..